Male or female

JadeFarms

🙄🤚 Loving life 💜
May 3, 2019
Florida
I didn’t notice but this one looks male :he :barnie I really hope it’s not. And I got a tuxedo quail and don’t know how to sex it, if I’m not mistaken you have to vent sex right? I’ve had trouble with that so I really need help. I’m not sure how old they are, but they are completely feathered besides their head. The brown seems to be younger than the tux.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Going off gut instinct... First is probably girl, not sure exactly why, I just get the feeling, and the second might be a boy judging by the the orange chest. Not sure I am right or not though, it is hard to tell with the tux.

I didn’t notice but this one looks male :he :barnie I really hope it’s not. And I got a tuxedo quail and don’t know how to sex it, if I’m not mistaken you have to vent sex right? I’ve had trouble with that so I really need help. I’m not sure how old they are, but they are completely feathered besides their head. The brown seems to be younger than the tux.
View attachment 2279015View attachment 2279016
Yes, you’re right and will have to determine the sex by vent sexing or behaviouralism. The second one looks like some of the rusty colour is coming in and I think it’d be a male. Sorry if that’s not what you wanted but those quails are cute! Keep us posted if you decide to vent sex. 😊

Yes, you’re right and will have to determine the sex by vent sexing or behaviouralism. The second one looks like some of the rusty colour is coming in and I think it’d be a male. Sorry if that’s not what you wanted but those quails are cute! Keep us posted if you decide to vent sex. 😊
Okay, how old are you supposed to vent sex them? I’m guessing it’s about 3 or 4 weeks old but I’m not sure.

Back
Top Bottom