Male or female?

Coopmeister1

In the Brooder
May 17, 2020
Can anybody tell if my chicken is Mandy or a Randy? Unfortunately a few days ago I had to get rid of my Buff Orpington because it turned out to be a little dude. The good news is the seller exchanged him for another. Crossing my fingers it ends of being a lady. Thank you

Attachments

• 20201212_155517.jpg
    20201212_155517.jpg
    892.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20201212_155457.jpg
    20201212_155457.jpg
    620.5 KB · Views: 12
Thank you. How can you tell anyway. Heck I've gotta learn someday.
How old is she? On barred birds, pattern is a huge indicator- males have double white barring, and appear much lighter in color. When birds get older, males have long, flowing, pointy saddle feathers (at the base of the tail) that is a clear giveaway. Roosters also stand much more upright.

How old is she? On barred birds, pattern is a huge indicator- males have double white barring, and appear much lighter in color. When birds get older, males have long, flowing, pointy saddle feathers (at the base of the tail) that is a clear giveaway. Roosters also stand much more upright.
Quite honestly I have no idea. She still hasn't been accepted by my 2 oldest chickens. My black sex linked always tries to peck her when she gets close. My other hen, a brown leghorn seems to be less aggressive towards her.

Back
Top Bottom