Male or Female?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by armdchicken, Mar 2, 2012.

1. armdchicken

armdchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2012
    Fairbanks, alaska
    I know that sexing a 4 week old chick is hard but...i have a feeling that Daisy is a cockerel not a pullet... (sorry that the pic isn't good...she/he wouldn't stay still)
    [​IMG]
    If it is a cockerel...what should his new name be?

2. redheadfarmer

redheadfarmer Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2011
    SW Ontario
    My vote is roo!

3. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Yep, you have yourself a little manly man. You should change the name from Daisy to Duke :p

4. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    Hahaha I was going to suggest the same thing [​IMG]

And yes, you've got a cute little boy there!

5. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Definitely a cockerel. No way a pullet could ever have that much color at 4 weeks.

6. Hes not THAT manly, my turken rooster (same age) is WAY more manly, he already (i think) tries to breed [​IMG]

7. armdchicken

Jan 8, 2012
    Fairbanks, alaska
    I had a feeling it was a cockerel [​IMG]...Seems like every time i name a chick it turns out to be the opposite gender (Ex: Dale - pullet, Hawk - pullet, Danny - pullet, and Daisy - cockerel...)
    I give up naming things until they turn at least 4 weeks and i have an idea on the gender....

8. No! it was fun! like Joey, we thought was cockeral but pullet, still cute!!

and Danny was a cute pullet name!

and it was SO funny, first time ever you name a chicken a girl name, first time its a cockeral [​IMG]

9. armdchicken

Jan 8, 2012
    Fairbanks, alaska
    maybe i should just give boy names to my chicks [​IMG] then they will be all pullets (if this luck continues) right [​IMG]

10. YA!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by