Sweet Peachick

In the Brooder
Jul 4, 2017
Hi everyone, I don't post on here very often but I'm really concerned with my Java Green peacock stalking me and trying to jump me. I raised him from a chick with 3 others then later added two more year old females. Recently I started to let them free roam now that they have gotten bigger (going on 2 years old now). The flock has always kind of stayed around me in the yard and when I call they come for their snacks. Recently, Jade which is the oldest male has started to become a bit aggressive. He follows me very close and when I'm working in the garden he has made a few attempts to either attack me or jump on me. What can I do to stop this behavior? Today I caught him on camera jumping on my halloween witches and the one that has blonde hair like me he really destroyed that one? I also had to lock up one of the females because he aggressively attacked her and ripped her feathers out and the other followed suit doing the same to her. She is laying eggs again.

I'll try but I'm a little lady and he is now a little over 3 feet tall. When he stands super tall and shows his tail I'm a little scared of him. He's the biggest bird I've ever seen. Guess I could put on my leather coat and just duke it out if I have to. Good god! Thank you for your help.

You should separate and cull him, if you want chicks. That way there is less chance a male will be aggressive. However this is my OPINION and what I would have done in this situation.
Ok, so I should remove him from the group. Not sure how I'm gonna do that. He is huge and very strong. I don't want to hurt him but I also don't want him to think jumping on me is a good thing. I have given him a few swift kicks but that does nothing. He just keeps following me and trying to jump on me. Guess I could find him a home and trap him.

Back
Top Bottom