1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Male Pekin ducks fighting!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Jenn1818, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Jenn1818

Jenn1818 New Egg

Jul 4, 2016
    Helloo!

I have 2 Male pekin ducks, they always play fight with each other, but now one of my ducks eye is foaming which i looked up and saw it is due to a sinus infection? and the other duck seems to always be nipping at that eye thats foaming when they fight and is causing it to bleed and ripping out the feather around the eye.

The skin around the eye is very sensitive to him and raw looking, not exactly sure what to do at this point, they seem to fight more when I come around, but it is more constant then what normal. I am not sure if it is still mating season for them or not. I know i should separate them but they go insane without each other....if anyone can give me any help that would be much appreciated, even if you have any advice on helping his eye heal thank you so much!

2. pattyhen

pattyhen Chicks Ducks oh my

Apr 20, 2007
    My advise is that you should seperate them and get about 6 female ducks about their size. He could blind the duck and you don't want that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by