Male Ringneck Pheasant in Southern California

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by TinkleTurkey, May 18, 2011.

1. TinkleTurkey

TinkleTurkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Palmdale
    I did a terrible thing, I unknowingly left the door ajar and they got out and my only male became dog snacks. So irritating!!!

I need a mature adult male to continue breeding this season. I might also consider buying a male-female pair so then I'd have a trio. But, at least one male is key...

If you have one, let me know where and for how much!

2. KaneMoa

KaneMoa Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2011
    Check Craigslist central valley. I find them for as low as $20 each. There is also a man in Visalia Ca that always has them for $20. He does not advertise but if u are truly interested I can obtain a # for him. He will not ship but I guarantee that the trip is well worth it. He has every type of fowl imaginable at rock bottom prices. If interested email me at [email protected] I can even try and get an address so u can mapquest it. Good luck.

3. TinkleTurkey

TinkleTurkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Palmdale
    That sounds like what I'm looking for, but its a bit far to drive - thanks anyway!

I found on on craigslist near me offering one for sale $65. I offered him $15 for it lol... Of course he didn't respond but that is absolutely insane price. I guess I'll have to wait for the auction next month.

4. KaneMoa

KaneMoa Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2011
    Good luck. I know peoples prices are insane. I was trying to buy Golden Pheasants from a guy that wanted $50 for an egg! I recently found another guy in Bako sells breeding pairs for the same price. Go figure. I guess its dependant on location. So Cal is expensive.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by