male sex link or female barred rock???

kenora44

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 5, 2010
12 weeks old, is a bit more aggressive and white markings are more prominent than my other barred rocks. What is it???

56560_img_3211.jpg

56560_img_3212.jpg

56560_img_3213.jpg

Here is my other barred rock not in question....

56560_img_3214.jpg

I agree, it DOES look like a male barred rock. I did a lot of research on them before ours comb came in and found out it was actually a male Dominique with the rose comb.

That is a black sexlink male, folks, or a BR cross, not a pure BR male. Well, sexlinks are usually BR crosses, a RIR male over BR female, but sexlinks can be made with any barred female and many different solid color males.

Thanx. I have a feeling this is a roo since its so different than the other barred rocks and becoming aggressive....biting, jumping on the hens. When does the caw come? I heard a very rooster sound this morning and thought I may be crazy but one of these gals must be a guy. Jeez...never thought it would be so hard to discover the sex of a chicken.

I do have black sex link hens and barred rocks so it is possible to be either of them.

Thanx so much for the help everyone....

There is no question this is a rooster. None. Zero. Not a hen, trust me. No way. No how. 100% BOY. I have raised BRs for years now and have seen many BR crosses/sexlinks. He's one of those for sure.

These are 12 week old purebred BR pullets:

DCP_7622.jpg

Back
Top Bottom