male to female ratio?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by stumble_n_mumble, May 17, 2010.

1. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    hey guys i have a pekin and a swedish hen. i THINK i hatched a male runner. is the 2:1 ratio ok? how are runners with the "aggressiveness" and i have a bunch of silkies that im hoping to keep all together if its a male. will he go after them also? thanks!!! btw there all being rasied together. so he will know all of them already [​IMG]

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    You mean two females to one male ?? You wouldnt want it to be the other way around at least. Just watch that he doesnt favor one girl over the other and they should all get along fine.

3. L0rraine

L0rraine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    One male to two ducks is pushing it (though I've found my Runner drake hasn't been nearly as hard on the ducks as my Magpie drake). But you definitely don't want 2 drakes to 1 duck so hope it's the other way around. My Runners hang with my Silkies and they do just fine together. In fact my two 4 week old Runners used to think my Silkie Roo was their mom. He just sort of looked confused and let them hang around.

4. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    yes well i had said i have a pekin and swedish hen so that would be the 2 and 1 runner drake possibly. and i guess ill just have to wait and see how it plays out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by