Male vs. female

Ok thanks so much! Sorry about all the questions, but i have another(notice how i don't say one last lol) ok, so do i need to start feeding waffles different food when he reaches a certain or age?

Ok thanks so much! Sorry about all the questions, but i have another(notice how i don't say one last lol) ok, so do i need to start feeding waffles different food when he reaches a certain or age?
You have him and Moe on starter? here's what I do so I don't have to keep buying different feed, I feed Purina Flock Raiser, they can start on it at hatch and stay on it all of their lives. If you have some starter left then finish it up or buy the FR or grower finisher and mix till it's used up. Quite a few on here use the FR it just makes it so much easier. I think it's around 8 weeks when you go from starter to finisher but I'm not sure since I don't use it. but it may say on the bag.

You have him and Moe on starter? here's what I do so I don't have to keep buying different feed, I feed Purina Flock Raiser, they can start on it at hatch and stay on it all of their lives. If you have some starter left then finish it up or buy the FR or grower finisher and mix till it's used up. Quite a few on here use the FR it just makes it so much easier. I think it's around 8 weeks when you go from starter to finisher but I'm not sure since I don't use it. but it may say on the bag.
Ok thanks. I did have him on a chick starter at first, but we switched because it didn't have all the right stuff for him. So we got some flock raiser, and my cousins have chicks so we gave the chick starter to them. So i can use this flock raiser for the rest of his life? and sometimes give him like grapes and watermelon, and stuff? Lol, today we got two feeder fish and some crickets for him to try and he loved it! How often should he get that? Does he particularly need the fish, or is it more of a treat?

Ok thanks. I did have him on a chick starter at first, but we switched because it didn't have all the right stuff for him. So we got some flock raiser, and my cousins have chicks so we gave the chick starter to them. So i can use this flock raiser for the rest of his life? and sometimes give him like grapes and watermelon, and stuff? Lol, today we got two feeder fish and some crickets for him to try and he loved it! How often should he get that? Does he particularly need the fish, or is it more of a treat?
Feeder fish and crickets are treats, and he'll find all the crickets, slugs grass hoppers you have given time. and earth worms they love them too. This is just in a daily time outside.
smile.png
And yes FR is for complete life cycle. my ducks love dried meal worms and my chickens too so if you get some of them they will love you to pieces. They also love chopped Romaine lettuce.

Ok thanks! ya its funny to watch waffs eat grapes because when we fed them to him he was in the pool and he ate everything except the peel so there were so many peels in the pool! So ii tried skinning the grapes, but then he wouldn't eat them! he is so weird!

Ok thanks! ya its funny to watch waffs eat grapes because when we fed them to him he was in the pool and he ate everything except the peel so there were so many peels in the pool! So ii tried skinning the grapes, but then he wouldn't eat them! he is so weird!
That's funny that he won't eat the peels but won't eat the grapes if you peel them for him. I have to bite or cut the grapes in two here or my gander won't eat them. They are so picky aren't they? LOL

I was thinking about Waffles this morning, ya know in the wild his diet would probably consist of bugs and small fish [just guessing though because I really don't know what wild mallards eat] more so than now where your feeding him feed too, but I bet he will help keep the bug pop down around your house, we were over run with grass hoppers and slugs till the ducks came. Lil Moe will help in that department too.
smile.png

Thanks! Ya i let him roam on this hill where usually there are a lot of grasshoppers. He ate one and i ushered another towards him, but it was right in front of him and he didn't see it. While i was moving his coop, he freaked out and flew across the yard! it was crazy, and when he landed he looked like he had no idea what just happened lol! Ya they sure do have unique personalities. I was at the feed store and almost bought an easter egger about the same age as moe, but didn't.

Thanks! Ya i let him roam on this hill where usually there are a lot of grasshoppers. He ate one and i ushered another towards him, but it was right in front of him and he didn't see it. While i was moving his coop, he freaked out and flew across the yard! it was crazy, and when he landed he looked like he had no idea what just happened lol! Ya they sure do have unique personalities. I was at the feed store and almost bought an easter egger about the same age as moe, but didn't.
You'd have gotten a blue egg if you had[if girl that is] I have 8 EE's and love them to pieces.

I think its so cool how they lay colored eggs! How do you know what color? And do they lay just the same color or different?
I have 6 that lay blue and 2 that lay beige. I've heard of some that will lay a pinkish color I have had it show up a little on the beige egg. and then their are olive eggers that lay an olive color egg.

Back
Top Bottom