Dec 27, 2009
Casa Grande
My Coop
My Coop
This marans is 20+ weeks old

Cuckoo Marans
106_0046.jpg

106_0053.jpg

This bird is 7 months old. Its comb is bigger than the other two females. My husband swears its a roo. Any thoughts???

Silver Laced Wyandotte
106_0047.jpg

106_0048.jpg

Quote:
At 20+ weeks, a male should have MUCH bigger comb and wattles than this one does...there's one tail feather that's a little wonky, but that's all i see...

Last edited:
Quote:
At 20+ weeks, a male should have MUCH bigger comb and wattles than this one does...there's one tail feather that's a little wonky, but that's all i see...

Thats what I thought too, but that one tail feather left me very confused.

Quote:

Thats what I thought too, but that one tail feather left me very confused.

I'd wait and see what it does. I've had the occasional female that has long looking tail feathers during a moult...

Your first one is a stumper. With tail feathers like that Id say roo but I dont see long hackle feathers and the comb and wattles are small. I have 17 week old barred Rock roos so I am not sure with Marans, but my BR's have the long tail feathers like yours but their hackles are alot longer and combs and wattles much bigger. the second I say pullet

Back
Top Bottom