Males or Females?

BrieMiller96

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 20, 2014

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I'm not seeing anything screaming rooster at the moment on any of them. However the grey one in the top pic has a very pink comb. That one MIGHT be a rooster. But as of now, I'd say pullets. They are very pretty birds!

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome to BYC!!
welcome-byc.gif

I'm glad you joined the flock!!
wee.gif

Many adventures await you and your flock. If you have any questions, feel free to ask around!!
big_smile.png

D.gif
jumpy.gif
-Turkenstein25
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Howdy BrieMiller96

Just my humble opinion and please do not make any decisions based on it but I believe the white is a boy and have concerns on the grey in the top picture also.

I agree with Diva that their age could be helpful.

The white chicken seems to be a rooster to me and the rest seem to be hens but I'm not sure so I wanted to ask. The white one has a thicker pea comb that has 3 rows. And they're probably about 6 weeks in that picture.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. :frow I fear I'm no good at the sexing chicks, since I have four silkie roos. :/ Good luck with them though.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. With three rows of peas in the comb, the white one is a rooster, and given the redness and size of the comb at only six weeks, the gray one looks like a rooster to me as well. :eek:( Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom