Malinois - Anyone out there own these awesome dogs? PICS

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by arllcountrygirl, Apr 14, 2009.

1. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

Just wondering if anyone else out there owned these awesome dogs.
    We have had them before but haven't had one in about a yr. We are going this weekend to pickup 2 pups. [​IMG] I know - we are going to have our hands full.

We will be training them for bitework and narcotics.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2009
  2. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    very very cool.I have 4 of them.I train in french ring.They are nice dogs very smart.Who are you getting them from?

3. tharrell

tharrell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    Never owned one, don't think I could keep up with them!!! My best teacher I ever had bred tervurens. She was the one who made me decide 12 years ago that I wanted to breed dogs. To this day anytime I see a tervuren, malinois, or any other Belgian shepherd breed I think of her. They are VERY smart, high energy dogs, and for someone that has the time, space, and energy for them they would make an amazing dog! They are the IDEAL police dog. Can't wait to see the puppy pics when you get them!!!

4. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    you are very right about hi energy if you don;t give them a job they are in trouble

5. arllcountrygirl

Quote:Yea - there is nothing like watching a good mal work.
    These are coming from a Mr. Al Hooper in OK. Both parents are narcotic k-9s

My husband is a deputy and that is what we plan to use them for.

I will definitely add pics - this weekend. [​IMG]

6. arllcountrygirl

Ok - we got pics [​IMG] The first one is our female - Myia and the second one is our male - Neeko

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Awesome dogs!

8. arllcountrygirl

Thanks - there is nothing like watching a good Mal work. [​IMG]

9. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Gorgeous dogs! I love Malinois, but aren't you required to take an IQ test before getting them? [​IMG] They are SO smart, you have to stay at least 3 steps ahead of them, or you're doomed (insert scary music here). I used to do obedience training (my Standard Poodle) with a bunch of Malinois, Tevurens and Rotties. Hoo boy, you could really tell which owner/handlers had a clue, and which dogs were really in charge. I'd love a Mal, but they're hard to find (good physical/temperament) and I've already got 2 large pitas. Good luck, start training IMMEDIATELY, and PM me if you need a good trainer/behaviorist. The trainers I work with these days do search/rescue, obedience and behavior mods-- they are awesome.

10. arllcountrygirl

Quote:LOL!! Thanks - you are right [​IMG]
    We have already started training - we actually are trainers ourselves.
    Malinois are definitely not for everyone. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by