Mallard babies pic TWO MORE BABIES!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by bayouchica, Aug 27, 2007.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Three perfect little sweet babies [​IMG] Still waiting for the other two eggs hoping they hatch [​IMG]
    So funny cause all my chickens are so scared of them,lol.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    They are sooo sweet - good to see them looking so well after their rather shaky start.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

How cute! I want some baby duckies! Chickens are so silly, they will go run off a cat, stand in front of moving cars, peck at a garter snake and raise a storm about a garden hose that isn't on the reel. Now they are afraid of ducklings!

4. kybukabu

kybukabu Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2007
    Stateline NC-VA
    Quote:This is hilarious! I saw the reverse. My ducks are one week older than my second batch of chickens -- and it was the duckies who were terrified when first I put them together. "Bless their little hearts." [​IMG]

Ten minutes later, the ducks finally realized that one week old chickies are pretty oblivious. Later that day they were all snuggling together. Good luck!

5. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    They are soooo cute. Do you ever have to worry about those turtles attacking the ducklings?

6. dixierose992

dixierose992 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2007
    Williamsburg, VA
    They are so cute. I have some of them to, but mine have the crests on their heads.[​IMG]

7. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    Oh, that's sweet! We used to have a yard full of ducks when I was growing up. I'd love to have some!

8. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Hi Andy, well these little duckies won't be going out on the bayou till the are full grown.That's my excuse for getting a kiddie pool. [​IMG] I'd be more worried about the water snakes around here.
    kybukabu, that's funny. Some of my chickens chase the cats & my poor dogs & then they are teriffied of three baby ducks. [​IMG]

9. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

Soooooooo adorable, thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

10. cheepchicks

cheepchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    Love Love Love little ducklings !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by