1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mallard Duck Egg Hatching?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jeslynrain, Jun 5, 2016.

1. jeslynrain

jeslynrain New Egg

May 20, 2016
    Hi! It is day 28 of my Mallard duck eggs hatching! I have two and one has discoloration and one is perfectly fine looking. However, the discolored one now has a crack in it as if something is pushing out. I thought this egg was dead but I'm not sure. There is a crack at the top of the egg and some yellow liquid is coming out. My other one hasn't changed at all, all day. When candled, neither of them move and I do not hear any noises from either of the eggs. The one with the crack also smells. Please help me!!!!

2. confusedturtle

confusedturtle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Virginia
    I am far from a pro, I'm actually seeking help on another thread, but didn't want yours to get lost. I would assume that the stinker has passed away, I don't think they are supposed to smell when hatching. I'm not sure about the other one. I hope someone will be able to help more.

3. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    A smelling, leaking egg is NOT good and should be removed so that it doesn't contaminate the others. What day are you on?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by