• Heck yes, that’s a healthy egg

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Uh-oh

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

JulieP7654

In the Brooder
May 25, 2018
F1A3D84B-F879-4FB7-B5B6-76EA86EF8627.jpeg 626216E3-1E45-45FE-AA3A-5FC8E866D067.jpeg Hey, so I’m new to this community and have just rescued two mallard duck eggs, and placed in an incubator which has had a fluctuating temperature for the past day. One of my eggs has several veins and one that seems like a feather, please take a look and anyone ANYONE let me know if this means they will hatch or not i need help and to know if I should waste my time. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Last edited:
What does "maintained a fluctuating temperature" mean? Fluctuating means it's changing.
I mean that it has changed a bit but not sure if the temperature is correct, sorry for any confusion, and can you check if image seems viable???!

I don't like the color of it - that yellow color is not a good sign. The first picture looks maybe okay but the second picture doesn't look great.

Also, if you're in the US and the eggs are from wild mallards, it's illegal for you to have taken the eggs, abandoned or not. Hatching them is also illegal and keeping any ducklings that hatch would be too. Just wanted to let you know so you're aware. It violates federal law under the Migratory Bird Act.

Back
Top Bottom