mallard duck pests.

stumble_n_mumble

Songster
11 Years
Nov 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
the other morning we woke up to find a pair of mallard ducks swimming in our pool cover lol. there still here and its 3 days later. i called wildlife control and they said here in new york there protected and can not be disturbed/kept as pets/or killed. so what can i do? we go out scare them away. they fly away and then come back maybe an hour later. someone told us they will probably make a nest or something in the backyard. anything we can do to get rid of em??? thanks!

Can i just ask why you want them gone? Is it a poopie issue? Is it a boy/girl pair? Might be kinda neat to keep them around??

Last edited:
it is a boy girl pair. but if my dogs were to get them or something... i would feel really bad. and they are a pain because they poop ALL OVER i only have a pekin and a silkie chicken and thats enought lol

Yeah, they do poop a lot. Any way you could drain the water off the pool cover? I imagine they'll find some open water once it warms up there a bit more. Is your Pekin where they can hear it? They might be "chatting" with each other?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom