Mallard eggs help

ecv13

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 8, 2014
Nor cal
I have seen movement inside the egg for over a week now yet no pip in the egg last night i heard a chirping im getting stressed out any ideas as to when i will see babies?:barnie

What day of incubation are you on, or is your duck hatching the egg? If you are incubating, what is your humidity, temperature, etc? Sometimes you can hear chirping, that should be a good sign.

Good luck!

Ok really strange issue here there were 5 eggs 4 are out and running around and there was one left i brought it in and put it under a lamp and it hatched well kinda its vent seems to be glued to the shell :/ help ! Its been like this for over 12 hrs

Maybe try breaking the shell around the vent so at least the whole egg shell is not attacked to the duckling. Also, try softening the shell in warm water to try to loosen it from the duck. Don't try to pull it off if there is even a tiny bit of resistance.

It seems to be attached to what would be the Yoke not the shell it's like a gelatinous blob

I used a wet towel for hours and it came off finaly so fay he is doing well and want to thank you for your help:)

Back
Top Bottom