Mallard Lane Farms?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Natermotor, May 21, 2010.

1. Natermotor

Natermotor Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2010
    Cecil County,MD
    I sent them an email about 2 days ago with all of the required material (ie. Name, Birds Interested In, etc.....) , with no reply. Has anyone here had any experience with them? How long did they usually take to reply to your intial email?

2. Scott

Scott Ozark Bantams

Apr 11, 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    Jamie is good to deal with... very professional. I've ordered from them a couple times. They typically don't have birds available until the Fall, and I suspect they get lots of emails. Be patient... I'm sure you'll hear from them eventually.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  3. Natermotor

Natermotor Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2010
    Cecil County,MD
    I know.. It's just so hard to wait though!

Thanks for the reply~

4. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Yeah they have a very nice business. They always replied to my e-mails....but they are getting a lot now since everyone is looking to buy wild waterfowl.

5. HottentotTeal

HottentotTeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    I have emailed twice, once to be put on a list for ducks and i also emailed with a quick question about the order process and also just to ask if they made it ok through the bad storms and flooding that went through there a few weeks back.

Replied both times, so just be patient and give it a few days. I think i received a reply back the next day both times, but like everyone said, more people are probably making requests now that it's getting closer. [​IMG]

6. 1lpoock

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    How did their ducks do with the flooding, I never thought about that!

7. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    More than likely they got hit too.

I think I'm going to have the privilege of going to their place in the fall. I have to go out that way every 3 months with my grandson and they're not far from where I'm going.

Laurie

8. 1lpoock

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    That would be awesome! I wish I could go there...they have pics on their site, but it would be so cool in person.

9. HottentotTeal

HottentotTeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    When I asked, Jamie said they didn't have any problems.

10. Scott

Scott Ozark Bantams

Apr 11, 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    I'd like to go see their facilities myself. There is another major waterfowl center in that area too.

On a similar, but related note, I came across a news article about a week ago. The article was from one of the Memphis newspapers, which isnt too far from either of these places. It was about some duck hunters that actually shot a banded mandarin. It was with a flock of wood ducks... I wondered when i read the article if the mandarin might have escaped from one of these two places.

There is a free-flying feral population of mandarins in northern California... near the wine country. That's what I'd really like to see.

Last edited: May 21, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by