Mallard mystery

joes ducks

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 3, 2014
I posted a question on the chicken forum and was told to go here. My mallards bill was gray now its red. And he has a raspy voice. He's ten weeks old. Just wondering his condition thanks!

Maybe pictures will prompt answers. We have had mallards and I don't recall ever seeing a red bill. Best of luck

Well, after months of wondering,we don't have mallards. We have wood ducks. We were convinced we had mallards until they started to get red bills and make different sounds. We have two females and one male. They're super friendly to us. They're really healthy and silly at all times. I'm kinda worried about their first winter. Any info would be good:))

Our male is the protector of the two females. I cliped their wings and they are more under control. We get them out every night and play with them for an hour and then put them to bed. I let them out in their cage in the morning. If they ever got loose they would be dead in a day. They have almost no fear of anything except hawks. And do we have plenty of them . They're a little work but really interesting birds.

Back
Top Bottom