Mallard not growing?

Rochafam4

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
We got baby ducks on Easter , I'm not sure how old they are all I know is the feed store got them in on Friday the 18th. I've been watching them over this last week and the black runner is growing big, the other mallard we have is growing just as big but his little mallard doesn't seem to be growing much at all. I've noticed the last couple days she kind of sits there breathing a little heavy with her beak opening and closing but not making any noise. She has been drinking fine but I have not seen her eat as much. I have been taking the feed and adding water mushing it up and she will eat a little bit, but

Not much. Does anyone know if maybe she is just a runt? Should she be growing just as much as the others?

Okay, thank you! I'm home all day after i drop off my kids so I can do what ever I need too. If I need to mush up the food to get her to eat it, how often should I be feeding her if she's not doing it on her own? I had ducks growing up but my mom of course did most the caring for. It's been a while since we had any ducks so it feels brand new again.

Hmmm, I never even though about that! We got a Black runner which I knew was going to be bigger and this other "mallard" is just about the same size as the runner. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom