mallard/rouen question..

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovesduckies, May 21, 2010.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    is there a difference between them as ducklings? i googled mallard ducklings and rouen ducklings. it seems to me like the mallards have one stripe on their eyes and mallards have either one, or one and another one coming off the larger one (if you know what i am lol i am horrible as describing things). is it just me, or is that really how it is?? the lady i got my mallards from failed to tell me that she also had rouens so we might have mallards, rouens, or mallard/rouen mixes. if i have a rouen my dad might be a little mad... oh well. my duckie! lol i can get a picture if you don't know what i'm talkin about

2. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Yeah rouens have two eye stripes. Mallards have one and a little smudge.

3. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    mmkay! thank you Sir! see i remembered that you are a drake not a hen [​IMG]

4. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Hahah yes!!

5. Happyflower

Happyflower Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2009
    Midwest
    We got rouens so they wouldn't fly away because they are so much bigger than mallards. Way too fat~[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  6. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    lol... yeahhh my scovy drake is a fatty, he still flies lol the mallard is my dad's he can clip wings HAHAHA

here is Fruitloops, my dad's mallard
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    fruitloops and little foot lol. i have been calling the rouen little foot cuz it's a bit smaller than the mallard... for now lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by