Mallards vs Rouens as Pets

I've had a couple rouen girls and a couple mallard boys. I would say Rouens. The mallads liked to fly. They came back but went a long ways. The rouens were pretty friendly. No, not all Rouens have a keel. We got some from ideal poultry, and they didn't have a keel.

Last edited:
Thank you both! I went to our local Family Farm & Home store and they happen to have day old Rouen ducklings so I think I will go and get a couple later today! :D so exciting! Thanks again for your help.

Here is a picture of my precious little ones! They are absolutely adorable! I'm still undecided with names but I was thinking Naomi and Mara if girls or Zeke and Rowan if boys. I've couldn't find any waterfowl food for them so I bought non-medicated chick feed but I read you need to give them brewers yeast because chick feed doesn't have enough niacin in it. Does anyone know where to find brewers yeast?

Very cute! I found food grade brewers yeast at a natural grocery store. I checked with a GNC first and the guy said they sometimes get it in stock but they were out. You can also find it on Amazon I think. Good luck!

Well I bought some brewers yeast at Walmart but I am hesitant to give any to my ducklings because it is in a tablet form and is 500mg pet tab. I sprinkled a teensy bit into their water this morning to try it out but when I got home this afternoon they were abbot less active and one of them is wheezing. I changed their water out with fresh but is there anything else I can do to help the wheezing one? I probably will probably just order some brewers yeast from amazon.

Back
Top Bottom