Mama Duck Suprise Today :D

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by BantyHugger, Jun 14, 2010.

1. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    So today I was in town with my dad doing some last minute shopping for my trip, I'm leaving to go on the road with my mom (truck driver) with in the next 2 days, when i recieve a phone call from my brother. He was back at the house watching our Crested Blue Swedish hen walk 7 fuzz butts across the yard. [​IMG] I got home and i must say i think every single one of our drakes is now a daddy. [​IMG]
    We have been extremely busy so far this summer so its not too much of a surprise to me that i didn't realize she was setting. I decided to check the yard after putting mama and her babies in the safety pen. We have 3 other hens setting! [​IMG] Why must they do this before i go?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Adorable!! I love baby quackers!

3. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh gosh...i should have known better.

I just got 3 four month old ducks yesterday. How did I not know I NEEDED baby duckies! In time, in time. lol. arrrggghh. Thought I would be ok since I have ten new baby chickies from my broody mamma. NOT. Those pictures are too cute!

4. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    A tote full of too much cuteness!! Love those crests!!!

Melt my heart![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Laurie

5. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    Quote:[​IMG] Mine too! We are keeping the 2 with the crests. The others are off to the feed store - there is a lot of demand for ducklings in these parts. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by