Mama Lacy and Rhett

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Ellie, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Ellie

Ellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Rhett is now 8wks and 3 days old. I wonder when he will be too big to post in this section? I figure since he is still with his mama, it would be ok.

You can see in this picture by her neck feathers that she is still protecting him.
    [​IMG]

I got a close up of him.... I just love looking into those eyes!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Always together and this, at 8 weeks.... twice as long as her first brood!
    [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Aw, he's a sweetie! I hope he stays as friendly and sociable as his daddy and uncles! [​IMG] He looks like his body is broad like his daddy and granddaddy. Here is his daddy, Dutch, at eight and a half weeks. Didn't remember how big Dutch's comb was at that age:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  3. Ellie

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Well, what do you think of his barring? You can see it in the one picture. So far, he is the cutest thing ever!

The big hens peck at him if he eats with them and he "rooster's up" and fluffs his feathers at them...... and then runs, lol!!

4. speckledhen

Well, it could be better, but the bars across the tailfeathers are pretty straight, so he's going to be a handsome guy. I posted pic of Dutch at that age in the post above.

5. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Oh what a beautiful pic of him & his mom. [​IMG]
    speckled hen I need to get me some of your eggs.[​IMG]

6. Ellie

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    My goodness, I best not show Rhett the picture of his daddy or he will be jealous of that comb. [​IMG]

Yeah, Mags, Speckled Hen's chickens are the best.

7. speckledhen

Some of my BR hens are starting to come out of molt; one just started back laying this week, so I should be more able to get some to you in the near future.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by