Mama Miya~ the best hen every *may you RIP girl*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by miss heny, Sep 27, 2011.

1. miss heny

miss heny Genetic Expert in learning Premium Member

it was on Saturday the 23rd of September, 2011 that the best hen every was killed by a unknown predator, she was our first broody in a long time, and what was odd about her going broody that it was in the middle of winter, she hatch out Chicky, a rooster that was later sold to some farmers to cut down are farm (which he should be thankful for, because he was going to be dinner!) sometime in march we moved to this town. Let me say this now, in the country we were only attacked by a snake, and lost Mighty Midget (he was crowing better then a older bigger rooster, and he was just 2 months old! [​IMG] ) but when we moved to this town, we were attacked 5 times, each of the first 4 times all our birds came back, and when my dad saw what our rooster did to the dog, boy that dog was stupid to come back to 2nds cause our wee rooster whooped his butt 3 times, and that dog was nearly blind, and to reward that wee rooster is gonna live a happy long life, but the 5th time, Mama Miya got out, and was killed, me and her hod a, odd bond with each other. She would not let me pick her up nor pet her (unless she got out, then it was free game!) but when i was out of the pen she would scream her head off for me to come into the pen, and when i did, she followed me like a puppy. And like her rooster, she was gonna live a happy long life, till the dog came and ended her life to early [​IMG]

Pics of her (one with the Chicky too!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i so wish i was able to get more of her, may to Rest In Peace girl!

2. OwlLover

OwlLover Alaskan Wanderer

Aug 25, 2011
    [​IMG] Very sorry that you lost her. [​IMG]
    As for the dog: [​IMG]

3. miss heny

miss heny Genetic Expert in learning Premium Member

Quote:thank you, we were so hoping she would go broody again this year

4. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I lost my sweetest hen this year, Big Mama. She was only a year old. RIP Mama Miya and Big Mama [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

So sorry for your loss I know how it hurts [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  6. DangerChickenHouse

DangerChickenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    [​IMG] I can't' imagine. I'm so sorry for your loss.

7. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    [​IMG] so sorry [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by