1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MamaDoodle's Critters

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by MamaDoodle, Oct 10, 2013.

1. MamaDoodle

MamaDoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2013
    Tennessee
    My Coop
    Forgive me if this is not the place to post this, but I did not think that animals only belonged in the Social forum, under Family Life - Pictures, Updates, & Stories... If this is not the place, I will be ready to remove or move this.

As stated at the end of this thread, feel free to ask me about any of them, almost all are rescues and have a story. :)

If not, that's fine, I just wanted to post them somewhere, since I do tend to reference them from time to time and need some backup for my future references, hehe..

The Dogs:

[​IMG]

Maida, Black and Tan Coonhound

[​IMG]

Chili, Pit Bull

[​IMG]

Maddy, Border Collie x Black Lab

[​IMG]

Neeta, American Bull Dog

[​IMG]

Drizzle, Hybird

The Horses:

[​IMG]

Benz, Quarter Horse

[​IMG]

Trick, Appaloosa

[​IMG]

Reno, Quarter Horse

[​IMG]

Skeeter, Andalusian

[​IMG]

Aries, Thoroughbred

The Cats:

(we have more, and I don't know their breeds, but I will post the ones who have stayed still long enough to get a picture of)

[​IMG]

Bobo

[​IMG]

Nightwhite

[​IMG]

Patches

[​IMG]

TyeDye

(Those not shown: Powder, Tippy, Ashes, and Bella)

Feel free to ask me about any of them, they all have a story! :D Almost all of my animals are rescues, always have been, and will continue to be. <3

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Nice bunch of critters you have there. Neeta looks like she is living the good life. Does Trick have any spots or is he a solid appy?

3. MamaDoodle

Sep 12, 2013
    Tennessee
    My Coop

Thanks! :D

Neeta is doing better than her original start...I found her tied beside the highway in the Florida summer with no food or water. She was skin and bones and very bloody with a lot of scars, we suspect as losing fight or bait dog. But she loves us and our animals anyway. :)

Trick has one black spot on his shoulder and a white spot on his right back leg, both the size of a quarter. I was surprised when I first saw him, haha! Right now he is fighting against what we can only assume was a rattlesnake bite. :/ Fingers crossed there.

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Poor Neeta, some people, she is very lucky to have found you. Looks like she knows it to. Funny, she has more spots than Trick. Hope Trick is OK, those snake bites can be nasty things, did he get bit on the leg or nose?

5. MamaDoodle

Sep 12, 2013
    Tennessee
    My Coop

He got bit on the leg, but it spread up to his hip and we're fighting a massive hole in both spots now. The stink is gone from them now, but the leaking persists. I suppose that's good, though. The vet gave him a 50/50 chance when she saw the spread to the hip, so now I'm on overtime trying to give him better odds than that. :fl

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by