mamma and chicks Pic

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by abhaya, Nov 17, 2010.

1. abhaya

abhaya Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    cookeville, tn
    This is the silkie I just got with one of her babies and her adopted one. The black one is the adopted. She is a great mom and took the littleone in no problem!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  2. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    Nice Pic. A good silkie momma is worth her weight in gold! Or at least the cost of a small incubator.[​IMG]
    I find that some of my little bantam hens to be fierce mommas also. Will rip your fingers off if you try to reach under them to check on babes.

edited cause I can't spell.....

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, she is sooo cute! I just got a couple of silkies, and I don't know what sex they are yet. I've got a white one very much like yours, who I'm praying is a girl, and a black one, who I suspect is a boy.......They are the sweetest things.......The white one is super sweet, and the black one is a little more spunky.......

Good for you! Thanks for the pics, they are all adoreable!

Sharon

4. abhaya

abhaya Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    cookeville, tn
    Quote:[​IMG] They are in this brooder because she would not let the other silkies get to the food they were huddled in a corner afraid of the fierce mamma. I have checked the chicks a couple times but she didnt like it,

5. akaxo

akaxo Chillin' With My Peeps

so cute!

and wow my silkie mum must be really mellow going by that, she'll let me check on the little ones under with barely a complaint!

6. shuizar209

shuizar209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2009
    Riverside
    That is why I love silkies

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by