Mamma Mia!

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by FloridaChickenChick, Jul 22, 2008.

1. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    Okay, here's the deal. I am NOT an ABBA fan. But the ads for this movie looked cute and Meryl Streep looked like she was having so much fun that I told Coop-a-Kick that I really wanted to see this movie (Mamma Mia). So we went Sunday afternoon.

It was TERRIFIC. I can't imagine someone seeing this movie and NOT having a great time! The singing is not great (but neither was ABBA) but the cast really looked like they were digging the experience and Pierce Brosnan.,,all I can say is, the man can do ANYTHING except sing!

I will probably pay to see this again!

Yes, the story line is really really really thin. But it's just irresistably fun. Perfect summer movie. ALSO, the walls are a shade of blue that does not exist, I guess, outside of Greece. Just really lovely.

Now, if I could just stop humming "Waterloo"...

2. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    I've seen this on stage but haven't seen the movie yet. I love ABBA so i probably will.

3. bulldog-girl

bulldog-girl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Estacada, OR
    I so want to see that movie. I am an ABBA fan-tunes are just too catchy. I went to see the play when it was in town and it was hands down, the best play I had ever seen and I am a season subscriber so I see many.

Glad to know it is worth the money. We don't shell out for movies very often unless we know it will be great.

Thanks for the review. [​IMG]

4. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    I hope you'll both go see it and then we can all sing doofy songs together. [​IMG]

After "Dancing Queen" the entire theatre applauded. Even me. I have NEVER applauded in a movie theater before.

I'd love to see it live!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by