Mamouth Bronze? Is this a broad breasted?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Auntbeast, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Auntbeast

Auntbeast In the Brooder

Mar 25, 2009
    Rabun County, GA
    I picked up a poult from my feed store, according to Mt. Healthy, the hatchery he orders from, it is a Mamouth Bronze. I haven't seen it specifically mentioned anywhere, is it a Broad Breasted Bronze? Or what? (He/She is currently sleeping on my daughters lap)

I'm thinking there is a typo in the name, but here is the link: http://www.mthealthy.com/product/bronze%20-tk

Thanks
    for your help.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  2. PoultryPotts

PoultryPotts Songster

Mar 30, 2009
    Southwest IN
    Ya it is just a differnt name for BBbronze. I hope you are happy yours from Mt healthy i sure am.

3. Auntbeast

Auntbeast In the Brooder

Mar 25, 2009
    Rabun County, GA
    I've only had him since yesterday, but dang, what a loud bird! I had him down in the coop which is about 75 ft from the house and I could hear him!

Rumor has it that our field is a turkey hot spot, so I'll need to make sure he/she doesn't wander off. However, I'd love to see the herd of turkeys, about 12, that are supposed to inhabit our property.

4. PoultryPotts

PoultryPotts Songster

Mar 30, 2009
    Southwest IN
    Ours are about 2 or 3 months old.

5. HenniePennie

HenniePennie In the Brooder

Jul 16, 2007
    Oregon
    This is my 4th year for BBB's, two years ago I had a tom dress out at 35 lbs. I had to cut him in two he was so big. But he was so good tasting, just one breast was the size of one of my cornish-x's!! I can't stand to eat a Butterball or any other brand of turkey not 'home grown'.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: