MAN HAVE I WAITED PATIENTLY TO MAKE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!

aran

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 28, 2007
rochester ny
How absolutley righteous! I went out to check the nesting boxes this morning and say hello to the birds and lo and behold a little brown egg in one of the nesting boxes...no idea who laid it ...i think maybe one of the red sex links but really i have no idea for sure. Is there someway of telling? The egg was still warm!

smilies-1.gif

Whens breakfast? I got a long drive.......better call it lunch.

oh man what an awesome feeling...and all this over a bloody chicken egg! LOL I ran upstairs and woke up my wife and son and they got the video camera out...William had to have the egg pried from his grip in order to make breakfast...TOO AWESOME!

ok i need to come clean...i dont think strictly speaking i won the bet against southern...because im pretty sure that this egg came from my redsex link which I rescued from the shelter/vet. I dont know how old they are although her comb has only just started to redden and grow in the last 1-2 weeks the same as my barred rocks so im guessing she is the same age.

sooo perhaps we should consider the race between mine, trisha's and lurky's birds still open since we all got our chicks at about the same time.

Aran, mine will be 19 weeks on Wednesday. Do you know when you got yours? I figure they hatch either one or 2 days before you got them. If you are allowed to handle your birds, i read you can tell by the vent who layed the egg. Was the egg normal size or small?
Where is the picture?

Back
Top Bottom