Man oh man I love snuggling my chicks but...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JennsPeeps, Apr 13, 2009.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Once they hit a month old, that cecal poo is sooooo offensive! [​IMG] They're really good at depositing it right under your nose, too.

2. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Yep, I picked up my DD's month old EE today and was greeted by "the smell" that apparently was on her feet. [​IMG]

3. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Yup, it is nasty smelling stuff. Do some chicks have it more than others? My older group of chicks seem to smell more than the younger sets. Just wondering if it can vary between each individual chick? Everyone is on the same feed and the same gravel etc. Maybe I just notice it more because they are older and smell more? Yuck. It is still gross.

4. JennsPeeps

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    More volume = more smell

I've goot food channel on & they're talking a product called "easy squirt". I'm thoroughly grossed out.

5. Sequin

May 20, 2008
    Do I even want to know what that is? No food product should EVER be called 'easy squirt'.

6. JennsPeeps

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    It's a highly colored ketchup that kids can use to "paint" their food.

Nastastic.

7. Sequin

May 20, 2008
    What an awfully bad marketing scheme! I would never by such a thing for my child. So they can 'paint' their food?! Really a very bad idea. Matches the disgusting name. [​IMG] I am really very blessed(or sometimes cursed) with a wonderful son who has very wonderful taste when it comes to food. He isn't picky at all, and LOVES veggies. He also loves fruit, steak, and seafood. He has no food allergies, so he can eat it all. When asked what his favorite foods are, he typically says steak and lobster(or crab). Spoiled much? Nahhh, especially 'cause his mom loves the same things!!! [​IMG] hee hee hee....

8. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    They marketed a green ketchup for awhile... my mom bought some for her grandchildren... that stuff grossed me out!!!! [​IMG]

9. Sequin

May 20, 2008
    For Real?! GREEN ketchup? Why on earth would they try to make ketchup Green!?! It just doesn't make sense... [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by