Mana Pro Suppliment

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by JakRat, Dec 27, 2011.

1. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    Has anyone ever tried this with their flock? I bought some today because it has alot of vitamins in it. I didnt want to buy baby vitamins and have to give them by hand to each girl.

I saw that it was for plumage and vitality. Is this ok to give them and the 2 month olds?

Thanks!

2. harveyhorses

harveyhorses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    I think they should still be getting starter feed. I am not sure that would be a good thing. I know they are not supposed to get a lot of calcium before they start laying.
    I am not a big suppliment person, unless they are showing signs of a lack of something.

3. JakRat

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    I only have 2 2month olds, probably should have put that. They rest are between 7 months to a year.

4. harveyhorses

harveyhorses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Do any of them look like they NEED a plumage and energy suppliment? Are you having problems with anything? Sometimes too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

5. JakRat

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    Quote:Not really. Its just that winter is coming and I dont want them to lose to many of their vitamins.

6. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Manna Pro is good, and you can use it in small amounts. But I buy poultry vitamins and electrolytes, it comes in a packet, and will probably last over a year because the dose for small flocks is 1 tsp in 5 gallons. I don't give it every day tho.

7. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Read the label and compare to what you are feeding now. Most of that type feed is just a little higher in the same ingredients as regular feed. The 2 month olds would benefit from the water soluble vitamins. I use it for the breeders in the breeding pens along with some alfalfa and corn during the cold months. They will become spoiled if you give it too often, I give it about every ten days. Their fat reserves are lost first and corn will replace that.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  8. centrarchid

centrarchid Chicken Obsessed

Sep 19, 2009
    Holts Summit, Missouri
    During the winter months I use Manna Pro as a supplement at a rate of between 2.5 and 5% of total diet for confined birds. I value its vitamin content and vary it in proportion to the intact grain portion of the diet. It is included because at that time the intake rate of intact and scratch grains goes up relative to the layer pellet portion of mix as an energy source. I do not know how close the diet is prior to addition of Manna Pro to meeting vitamin needs so it is used as insurance. During late winter with my overall formulation the Manna Pro does seem to promote egg fertility.

If you feed only a higher end layer formulation you should not need something like Manna Pro as a vitamin supplement. In that case I would concern myself with supplementing with use of fiber rich vegetable matter.

9. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    JakRat,
    Which Manna Pro product are you referring to, Poultry Conditioner, Game Bird/ Show Bird, Calf Manna or something different?

Chris

10. centrarchid

centrarchid Chicken Obsessed

Sep 19, 2009
    Holts Summit, Missouri
    Quote:I am using Calf Manna.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by