manage prices

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by kerrysmommy, Sep 24, 2011.

1. kerrysmommy

kerrysmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2010
    My house :]
    hello i have had chickens for about 3-5 years and was wondering is there i can manage the prices and help save like saving receipts and stuff like that and also we dont get any more eggs so i can not make money from those and i have about a billion egg cartons family and friends have giving me. i have grown so close to my chickens i do not want to cull and a fox got all my daily layers so i only have 3 hens left and 2 roosters. so is there a way to manage my monthly costs of feed? like keep a record or something?
    thanks,
    kerrysmommy [​IMG]

2. kerrysmommy

Mar 15, 2010
    any one????????

3. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    You could save some money by cutting down on the caffeine.

Sure, you should be keeping track of your expenses. Keep a ledger, or else place all your receipts in an envelope. Write the amount on the outside of the envelop and add it up every now and again.

If you want to keep retired chickens, they are going to eat. There really isn't any way out of that. Many people cut their feed costs by culling non-productive birds.

4. kerrysmommy

Mar 15, 2010
    thanks and about the caffine (soda) i dont know if that is going to work out lol my mom buys that so is dosnt really matter we have our own chicken money boz that we only use for the chickens. it is curently empty but thought i could have a bake sale in my front yard or something........im only 13 so its hard for me to get a job lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by