Managing male and female

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Maddog1991, May 17, 2017.

1. Maddog1991

Maddog1991 New Egg

May 17, 2017
    Hi! This April I became the proud owner of two female khaki Campbell's! UNTIL I started searching for how to identify gender in Mallard ducklings I stumbled across a picture showing how to tell genders in khaki Campbell's based on bill color. And boom. Mallory has a dark bill, Tanya has a very light bill. They're about 2 months old, for starters, do I have a male and a female or 2 females? Mallory is on the left with the dark bill, Tanya is on the right with the light bill bill, if I have a male and a female, how do I keep them from breeding? Is really like to know what options I might have other than rehoming one! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

The best way to sex at this age is voice sexing....Do they QUACK?....Do they still peep?....
    Hens Quack loud...Drakes have raspy voices.....

:frow

3. Maddog1991

Maddog1991 New Egg

May 17, 2017
    Only Tanya (lighter bill) really quacks. Mallory will occasionally have a really distinct quack but she mostly just peeps still.

4. chickens really

Possibly two Hens....Pick one up and walk away with the one in your arms....They will let you know if hens....

5. chickens really

If a Drake was present he would be getting juvenile Drake head colouring now....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by