Managing 'poo'....

allmypeeps

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Maine
I read on here some where recently that there was a link to chicken diaper patterns....??

I have two hens I plan on making into therapy pals to take visiting and the diapers will be a must if they are going to be sitting in peoples' laps and being indoors during visits.

So, I would love if anyone could send a link my way if they can.

Thanks!
e

Yes, thanks, I had fun looking at all the chickens! Finally found my way to the right page....

However I'm having a hard time visualizing what to do from that diagram....I am not very handy with a sewing machine so need a really descriptive diagram- lol.

Maybe I can figure it out...

Therepy Chickens! Wow. I hope you'll send some pictures of your visits once you get the diapers figured out. I love it!

That's a great idea. I have worked in all types of care settings and the therapy animals are a huge hit. I have seen people bring in puppies/dogs, cats/kittens, rabbits, mini horse, pygmy goats, even a handful of alpacas, but I have yet to see a therapy chicken. I think that would really strike a chord with members of the older generations who probably had chickens running around their yards as younger folks. I wish you luck. Good for you.
big_smile.png

Thanks!

Yeah, I would like to focus primarily on the elderly, its true many of them probably HAD chickens as youngsters, my grandmother did. she hasnt been around them in eeons.

I find the worst diesease of all is lonliness. Many older folks get sort of 'forgotten' as their kids grow up and get their own lives.
I currently work for a housecall vet and we go to alot of elderly facilities where there is a resident cat in the building. They seem so eager to talk to us because we are new and they are sad to see us go. many complain their families dont visit them.

Its so heart breaking. I personally hate thinking about getting older. I do not have kids nor do I plan on having any...so who will visit me?
sad.png

I'm not going to think about it! I will get depressed for myself!

Hopefully someone will bring chickens to visit me!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom