manchicken is today officially a manchicken. oregon peeps??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by buffbuttercup, Jul 9, 2010.

1. buffbuttercup

buffbuttercup Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Oregon
    well, today my BR crowed. it wasn't pretty, it was no serenade, but....he finally sealed the deal as to what gender he is. i suspected since the 1st week i had him. posted pics, can't find the thread (?) but, wanted to settle the score with who voted!
    poor guy, it was like the crow happened TO HIM. he let a few out, tried to lay down and relax, but was jolted from his seat into full (audacious) crow! i am in springfield oregon, and before i offer him up to the chicken gods, (or the the bisquick breading) i wanted to exhaust my options. anyone in the area looking for a sweet-as-candy barred roo who likes deep neck rubs and shoulder rides? he puts himself to sleep at night, is tolerant of my 8lb cat, and is a real nice lookin' guy.
    has been our favorite from the get-go. i know the chances are slim, but i just have to try. i am in the gourmet cheese biz and am going to contact my local farm folk for any takers. but i figure anyone who wants a roo, already has a roo :eek:(

bless his little heart. or bread it??

aw man. this is rough.

[​IMG]

2. Tiss

Tiss Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Georgia
    Aww, he looks like such a sweetie pie. Mmmmm....chicken pot pie......[​IMG]

3. OurLittleChickenFarm

OurLittleChickenFarm Miracles Happen

Aug 18, 2009
    Aberdeen
    Awwwwwww....... I'm so sorry. It would be so much easier for you if he was mean and hateful, wouldn't it. [​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I wish I was closer. I'd take him. It seems like my little Olmstead Homestead is also a Roosters Roost, what with my recent "luck" with straight run bantam chicks.

I sure hope you find a good home for him. He's adorable. I love BRs.

5. buffbuttercup

buffbuttercup Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Oregon
    Quote:i'm sure he'd make a real sweet pie! but we aren't farm folk and the thought of having to do in our pet makes us a little teary. but if someone's gonna eat him, it may as well be us, right??
    i sure hope i can find an alternative tho.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by