Mandarin breeding questions please?

ArchBarn28

Chirping
May 9, 2019
Hello!
I have two Pairs of Mandarins who have been mating for about a week now. How long before momma goes into to her nesting boxes to lay or does she go in and out?
If all goes well and we have babies do I need to separate the drakes or will they be ok with the ducklings?
I have them in with my 1 year old peafowl and they get along well, but I suppose I'll have to keep.an eye on the ducklings if we have them...fingers crossed we do!
Thanks so much and any other advice would be great on this subject! Oh I'm in Northern, VA BTW!
Thanks again!

Hello!
I have two Pairs of Mandarins who have been mating for about a week now. How long before momma goes into to her nesting boxes to lay or does she go in and out?
If all goes well and we have babies do I need to separate the drakes or will they be ok with the ducklings?
I have them in with my 1 year old peafowl and they get along well, but I suppose I'll have to keep.an eye on the ducklings if we have them...fingers crossed we do!
Thanks so much and any other advice would be great on this subject! Oh I'm in Northern, VA BTW!
Thanks again!
I don't have direct experience with Mandarins, so I'm going to tag @The Phantom (sorry Hannah, lol)
Hopefully she can help you more!
Good luck with your breeding!

Hello!
Thanks again!
She will probably lay an egg every other day and go in and out. She could lay anytime now or already is. My hen has 3 eggs already. The drake are usually fine with the little ones. I’m not sure the peacocks will not bother the ducklings. Be very careful with them. They could hurt the ducklings.

Mine have been breeding for weeks but no eggs yet. I never see her check out the boxes. Someone I talked with on another forum was on their second clutch last week so they can have eggs at weird times. Here is my pair mating a couple weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom