mandarin duck

Bushy T

In the Brooder
Feb 1, 2016
Can anyone tell me how big are mandarin duck eggs? Are they small like call duck eggs or big as a mallard duck eggs. I have a pair of mandarin duck in with my call ducks and yesterday I found a egg in the pin with a soft shell but it was the size of a mallard egg but white. I just got the mandarin duck a week ago and was told they was young but I know my call ducks don't lay a egg that big.

Could be. Do you have an elevated nest box for them? They need a Wood Duck box. Mandarins can nest/lay first year.

Could be. Do you have an elevated nest box for them? They need a Wood Duck box. Mandarins can nest/lay first year.

Follow up question I had a pair for a little over a year now they are mixed with some of my chickens is the egg color white ?

The eggs are "off white"
If the Mandarins are in with chickens, and no other ducks, compare the eggs you think may be Mandarin to any old chicken egg. Chicken eggs have a coarser surface, with larger pores than waterfowl eggs. Waterfowl eggs almost feel "greasy" and have very small pores.

Back
Top Bottom