Mandarin ducks

teringeorge

Chirping
Mar 17, 2018
I am wanting to purchase a pair or trio of mandarin juveniles in the fall but don't know how much space to allow for them. I thought about cutting a door in a chain link dog run I have and extend it so far out for an area for them to swim in an artificial pool. The entire area would be totally fenced in. What do you think?

I will have mandarins in the fall both regular and whites. I have 3 of 7 hens in nesting boxes now. Email me privately if you want on the list. My prices include shipping and the box fee along with the mandarins cost.

I’ve wanted Mandarins for a while as well. Do you have any pictures of the dog run? From my research Mandarins need a bit of space to fly around also since they are tree ducks they will need some branches hung up in the run to perch on, also some plants at the bottom.

I am wanting to purchase a pair or trio of mandarin juveniles in the fall but don't know how much space to allow for them. I thought about cutting a door in a chain link dog run I have and extend it so far out for an area for them to swim in an artificial pool. The entire area would be totally fenced in. What do you think?
Are you still interested in Mandarin Ducks this fall? I have if you do.

I planned to put tree branches in the dog run and at the far end of the extension. I guess I assumed the extension would be long enough to provide some flight space. Do you think 25-30 ft. is long enough for flight exercise? What kind of plants do you recommend for the bottom of the dog run?

Information I got from Burke’s Backyard:

“cape the enclosures with reeds, grasses and plants to create a natural setting. You may also need an exotic bird licence to keep Mandarin ducks so check with your local wildlife authority before buying any birds. Also check local council regulations.”

Information I got from Burke’s Backyard:

“cape the enclosures with reeds, grasses and plants to create a natural setting. You may also need an exotic bird licence to keep Mandarin ducks so check with your local wildlife authority before buying any birds. Also check local council regulations.”
I didn't think of that - THANKS SO VERY MUCH!

I will have mandarins in the fall both regular and whites. I have 3 of 7 hens in nesting boxes now. Email me privately if you want on the list. My prices include shipping and the box fee along with the mandarins cost.
I would love to be put on your list for a pair of regular mandrine please email me ot text me at Glenda 2547360174 thank you and God Bless

Back
Top Bottom