Mandarins and Call Ducks

Scott

Ozark Bantams
12 Years
Apr 11, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Has anyone had any problem keeping mandarins and call ducks together. I currently have four white call ducks. I ordered a pair of mandarins this week and plan to put that pair with the calls. I'm assuming these to breeds will coexist peacefully.

I am getting my mandarins tomorrow and that's exactly where mine are going, in the call enclosure with 6 calls. The breeder said it shouldn't be a problem. Depending on the male/fe ratio there could be issues this spring that may have to be dealt with. I am under the impression and the mandies and the calls won't crossbreed. But you never know.
Where did you end up ordering the mandies from?

I had my Mandarins with my Calls when I first got them and they did get along just fine even though they kept in their own groups. I never did see any fighting, most of the time the Mandarins would just get out of the way of the Calls. The Calls were never aggressive towards the Mandarins. I eventually got a few more Mandarins and built a new pen just for the Calls, so now I have 9 Mandarins living together in one fully enclosed 8 X 24 pen and they seem real happy.

I keep all of my ducks together in the fall/winter. They are mandarins, call ducks, a pair of pekins, and 2 muscovies. I have never had a problem with the madarins and call ducks together. In fact, the call ducks seem to have tamed down the mandarins quite a bit since I first got them.

Back
Top Bottom