1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Manna Pro egg maker and scratch

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by kowell275, Jul 26, 2011.

1. kowell275

kowell275 Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2011
    stanwood
    Hi last night I went to my local Wal-Mart in mount Vernon wa and my surprise they are carrying farm animal stuff and they got manna pro egg maker and scratch 40lb bags for $11 has anyone used it and is it good.

2. gordonburrito

gordonburrito Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Mid-Missouri
    Wow lucky you. I find that Manna pro products are top notch. Sadly the stores in our area are all swapping to Purina and its sub-brands which my chickens do not care for [​IMG].

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  3. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY
    Lucky you!

4. 6chick*start

6chick*start Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    NE OKlahoma
    Quote:I have just been researching what brand of Layer Feed to start this week.
    Seeing this I went to MannaPro website. It does not show 'egg maker' in their products. Actually only saw chick starters there.
    Is there another name for it?
    While I am at it...
    What brands are best for layers?
    I don't think I want to spend as much as organic is.

5. AngelzFyre

AngelzFyre Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2007
    Pell City, Alabama
    I love Manna Pro scratch and also their Poultry Conditioner and Harvest Delight treats. I mix this in with my scratch and can tell a huge difference in feathers and overall condition. I also use Ultra Kibble and Calf Manna and mix these in at times with scratch or throw the Ultra Kibble in as a treat.
    No complaints here!

6. kowell275

May 10, 2011
    stanwood
    family farm egg maker by manna pro

7. pjknust

pjknust Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Texas
    Quote:I got the Ultra Kibble, supposed to be soy free. Third ingredient is soy meal
    MY chickens wont eat it and it attracts ants just like dog food.
    I have to mix it up with food and kefir for them to even take a few bites. They generally eat the good and leave the ultra kibble in the plate.

pam in TX

8. kowell275

May 10, 2011
    stanwood
    I would realy like sum more info if there is more people out there that use it thanks:cool:

9. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Overrun With Chickens

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    Quote:I got the Ultra Kibble, supposed to be soy free. Third ingredient is soy meal
    MY chickens wont eat it and it attracts ants just like dog food.
    I have to mix it up with food and kefir for them to even take a few bites. They generally eat the good and leave the ultra kibble in the plate.

pam in TX

You must have gotten an older bag. They changed to no soy in March I think. The protein also went from 40% to 32.5% with the new stuff.

10. Jeffross1968

Jeffross1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    I don't even see that on the walmart website. Wonder if they are test marketing it in your area...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by