Mannheim Steamroller is coming to my city! (OMG)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by The Chicken Lady, Oct 12, 2008.

1. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I LOVE Mannheim Steamroller, and I just found out they're doing a concert in my city in November. They haven't come here in a LONG time.

Um, YEAH, I am getting tickets (as soon as I go upstairs and get my credit card!!). I about had a heart attack when I found out there was going to be a concert here. W00T!

Anyone else a fan of Chip Davis (or, for that matter, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra)?

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Yes, I am. They are suppose to be in Little Rock this holiday season. No chance I'll get my SO to agree to drive the 3 1/2 hours to LR for it though. I'm still trying to get him to drive two hours to take me to a poultry show! :thun

3. Nan5634

Nan5634 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Who?
    :|

4. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    Actually, I like both Manhiem and Trans-Siberian, listened to Manhiem every Christmas since I can remember, just heard of Trans-Siberian not to long ago. Dont ya have to play at least 6 instruments to get in Manhiem?

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I listen to them from mid November through Christmas. What a wonderful way to brighten the season.

6. Peaguy

Peaguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    Absolutely NOTHING beats "the Cricket" from the Fresh Aire series at full blast with all the windows open while driving through Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado! Ahh the fresh mountain air with the scent of pine, the mountains, and the music! With of course a slice of pie with a full three inches of meringue on top from the Lyons Cafe waiting for you when you stop at the top of Fall River Road!
    If you ever get the chance to see them perform their album they did about the wildfires DO NOT PASS UP THE CHANCE! They actually simulate lighting strikes on stage which started the fires in Yellowstone several years ago. ( the season the parks department was so heavily criticized for "letting nature take it's course"and not fighting the fires.
    Chip Davis is a musical genious!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  7. Peaguy

Peaguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    Mahonri.. et al... you might check out SONOS handbell choir also! I'm sure they have a Christmas album But they have a HUGE repetoire and are fantastic!
    I spent 13 years in a privately sponsored hansbell choir so SONOS I can attest to is an incredibly talented group!

Edited to correct link

http://sonos.org/

And the group I spent 13 years with

http://www.dorothyshawbellchoir.org/

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  8. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I LOVE them both. I just started playing my Trans-Siberian Christmas cd a week ago. Drives my DD crazy!

9. citychickers

citychickers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    Littleton Colorado
    We love Manheim in concert. They are amazingly talented people. Their concert is awesome. I took my mom for Christmas in December 06. It was so fun. My all-time favorite Christmas song is "Silent Night" which they always do at the end of the encore. Enjoy! You're in for a real special night! [​IMG]

10. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I LOVE Mannheim Steamroller!!! I listen to him every year at Christmas! We even got his Halloween CD which is awesome! You are so lucky!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by