Mannheim Steamroller is coming to my city! (OMG)

The Chicken Lady

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Apr 21, 2008
West Michigan
I LOVE Mannheim Steamroller, and I just found out they're doing a concert in my city in November. They haven't come here in a LONG time.

Um, YEAH, I am getting tickets (as soon as I go upstairs and get my credit card!!). I about had a heart attack when I found out there was going to be a concert here. W00T!

Anyone else a fan of Chip Davis (or, for that matter, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra)?

Yes, I am. They are suppose to be in Little Rock this holiday season. No chance I'll get my SO to agree to drive the 3 1/2 hours to LR for it though. I'm still trying to get him to drive two hours to take me to a poultry show! :thun

Actually, I like both Manhiem and Trans-Siberian, listened to Manhiem every Christmas since I can remember, just heard of Trans-Siberian not to long ago. Dont ya have to play at least 6 instruments to get in Manhiem?

Absolutely NOTHING beats "the Cricket" from the Fresh Aire series at full blast with all the windows open while driving through Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado! Ahh the fresh mountain air with the scent of pine, the mountains, and the music! With of course a slice of pie with a full three inches of meringue on top from the Lyons Cafe waiting for you when you stop at the top of Fall River Road!
If you ever get the chance to see them perform their album they did about the wildfires DO NOT PASS UP THE CHANCE! They actually simulate lighting strikes on stage which started the fires in Yellowstone several years ago. ( the season the parks department was so heavily criticized for "letting nature take it's course"and not fighting the fires.
Chip Davis is a musical genious!

Last edited:
Mahonri.. et al... you might check out SONOS handbell choir also! I'm sure they have a Christmas album But they have a HUGE repetoire and are fantastic!
I spent 13 years in a privately sponsored hansbell choir so SONOS I can attest to is an incredibly talented group!

Edited to correct link

http://sonos.org/

And the group I spent 13 years with

http://www.dorothyshawbellchoir.org/

Last edited:
We love Manheim in concert. They are amazingly talented people. Their concert is awesome. I took my mom for Christmas in December 06. It was so fun. My all-time favorite Christmas song is "Silent Night" which they always do at the end of the encore. Enjoy! You're in for a real special night!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom