1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Many more mystery bantams, oh my! *pic heavy*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Snozzle, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Snozzle

Snozzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2011
    Tri-Cities Tennessee
    Ok I couldn't help it, my friend asked me to pick up some assorted bantams for her, so I got them all. The first 2 are a week older and were posted on here before. They now have some wing feathers and may be a bit easier to identify. The first 4 are clean legged, all the others have fuzzy legs. Here are my guesses, but I'm not an expert, but I know how much fun the guessing game is so here it goes:
    1. golden sebright
    2. gold laced oegb
    3. barred something... rock, dominique, maran?
    4. silver sebright
    5. (first feather footed) blue mottled cochin, tiny guy, I thought d’uccle, but no beard
    6. black/blue mottled cochin, not sure
    7. black mottled cochin
    8. barred cochin
    9. partridge cochin
    10. blue d’uccle
    11. blue cochin
    12. partridge cochin? very dark though
    13. gold laced cochin
    14. mille fleur cochin
    15. silver laced cochin, a bit narrow and upright, but d’uccle doesn’t come in that color
    16. mille cochin, you can already see the wing
    17. silver laced cochin, yeah I know probably a roo judging the posture lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    I see three buff brahmas[​IMG], second from top, third from bottom, and fifth from bottom.

3. Snozzle

Dec 16, 2011
    Tri-Cities Tennessee
    Second from top is clean legged, so no brahma. I do have a large fowl buff brahma here, it looked similar, orange head and dark body, but we will have to wait and see. Here is the LF buff at a week old
    [​IMG]

4. chickenfinch

chickenfinch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2012
    Minnesota
    Number 3 looks a little like my barred Plymouth rock chicks... not sure though. Have fun! :cd

5. Snozzle

Dec 16, 2011
    Tri-Cities Tennessee
    Number 11 looks like it has frizzled wings now. So exciting, with wing feathers coming in a lot of them are already looking so different. My friend took half of them to her house including number 3, she always wanted a barred rock or dominique, so she was excited to get him. She lives right down the road from me so I will be able to see these guys grow up and take pics.

6. Snozzle

Dec 16, 2011
    Tri-Cities Tennessee
    I think you were right on the 2 feather footed ones, they do look like buff brahmas. I also have a verdict on the lightest colored one, white D'uccle. That one has very distinct vulture hocks now. What are the odds of getting one of that breed in that rare color 2 years in a row. My hen Freddy is one from last your and she will now finally get a friend of her own breed
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by