Many roos in need of re-homing-Michigan

Alphagamchick

Songster
12 Years
Mar 26, 2007
MI
I simply have far too many roosters. The hens are taking quite a beating and the neighbors are none too happy either, I would guess. I am trying to avoid Craigs List so will try here. Hoobly will be my next stop.

Here are the guys:

Two bantam Americanas - Hatched July 3, 2013 from eggs I purchased on ebay. Very pretty and nice guys.

Cochin mix - will be a year old this Sept.

Brabanter - Hatched July 3, 2013 from eggs I purchased on ebay. He's quite a character.

Serama - also a July3/2013 ebay guy.

Blue Orpington - was a year old this spring. He is Special Needs. Walks with a wobble but would be perfect for a one rooster coop.

Only local pick up please. I am in Clarkston MI

I might be able to take the blue orp. We have no Roos, and a few hens. I will let you know in a few days. I hope they all get good homes!

Me too. I don't really want to put them on Craig's List as I have been contacted by some shady characters in the past who I'm afraid may have wanted to use them for fighting. I never responded to them. I just want them to have nice homes. I feel sorry for my poor hens with all of that male attention.

Me too.  I don't really want to put them on Craig's List as I have been contacted by some shady characters in the past who I'm afraid may have wanted to use them for fighting.  I never responded to them.  I just want them to have nice homes.  I feel sorry for my poor hens with all of that male attention.

Are all your Roos still available? And the blue orp, he can still perch and do his rooster stuff right?

I totally understand, I have at least one little roo that will never find a place here, probably 2 or more... they are just starting to show their roo-ness...
I have a white paint, and a blue south american types with dark skin. I'm in NW Lower Michigan. I have placed at least three Ameraucana roosters with silkied genetics and it looks like I still have two. I may be able to use one of the remaining ones because he is from a different breeder, but the South american cockerels will have to go because I am sticking with the Huastec/Olmec type.

Yes, they are all still available. Honestly, I'm not sure the Orpington can breed with the hens. If he makes any moves the other roosters go after him. He is very low man on the pecking order because of his "special needs". I'm not sure about hatching any chicks from him either. If this is a neurological problem you may not want to pass this along.

Hmm okay. I wouldn't really use him for breeding, but if he might not be able to be a good protecter... I guess we will see. Pics of your Americaunas?

No, the Orpington would not be a good protector. He would just be a nice roo to have around. I can take some pics today and post.

Back
Top Bottom