many silkies no clue on colors?!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by stumble_n_mumble, May 17, 2010.

1. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    hey guys my "children" lol are getting big. i think i have a mix of black blue and im not sure of the honey color ( i had a partridge before and this one has millie fleur looking colors to the wings) let me know what you think [​IMG] pray for hens [​IMG]

and i had a bad hatch with ducks so thats why theres a runner in these pictures! LOL. poor duckie having to deal with 8 silkies HAHA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the "honey" looking one lol
    it almost looks like she will be a mix because she looks like she has some blue and other colors in her.

[​IMG]

2. THough1956

THough1956 Chillin' With My Peeps

Blues and Partridge. Partridge can range from very light to dark with some black mixed in,usually on the head, also blue partridge. Yours looks like it has black mixed in.

Nice![​IMG]

3. stumble_n_mumble

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    yeah! theres very pretty. im happy because i bought them from a woman who had a mix of hatchery birds to specialty orders from other states. so im curious to see what happens [​IMG]

4. stumble_n_mumble

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    the funny thing is... where i live were only allowed to have 6 "poultry" per backyard. and already have 4.... and adding these 9 makes 13 [​IMG] lol but whos gonna know [​IMG] its really the dumbest rule ive ever herd of. but i guess i have to wait and see what the turn out is in the silkies. that will depend if i really want to keep them all. and around the 6 months age ill be sure to post lots of pics of them for everyone to help me out and decide [​IMG]

5. THough1956

THough1956 Chillin' With My Peeps

Tell everyone they are rabbits!![​IMG]

6. pattgal

pattgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2010
    New Brunswick, Canada
    I have those same color silkies 3 are like the ones you show here but just a tad darker and one is lighter than the others. Can't wait to find out what they will look like. I guess were in this together hahahah

i know this is a bad shot because of the floor color but this is all ive got
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by