Many Will Laugh, BUT....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mommto3kiddos, Apr 26, 2011.

1. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Dang It - I have become attatched to my Cornish X Meaties... My dad gave them back to me about a week ago when he couldn't bring himself to kill them. When they came I was all Ill give them 2 to 3 more weeks then they will go in the freezer! I never would have thought they would love me [​IMG]...

They free range away from my egg layers during the day and when they hear the gate open and see me they come running.. They are so chunky its the cutest thing to see them running their hearts out across the yard (yea I know they love me for my food).. I have had to euthanize many critters, even some chicken from Tyson I raised for a feed class in college, but these two have gotten to me..

Look at them come running... BTW they are named Breakfast & Dinner per my husband [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    aww cute. LOL Are you still going to send them to freezer camp? They wont live long either way.

I want to get some meaties this summer, but like you.....I get attached. [​IMG]

3. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Yeah they will go to the freezer no matter what, its just a question can I convince DH to do the deed so I dont have too [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  4. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    Quote:We processed a rooster last month, one that I had cared for for a year believing it was a hen. When he suddenly decided at about a year old to grow wattles and crow...he had to go. I didn't want to do it, but my dh did not either. Finally one morning he woke up and said today was the day. I was relieved! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by