Maple Apple Pie

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by artmamasays, Mar 17, 2012.

1. artmamasays

artmamasays Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2012
    NYC
  2. KBlue

KBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Sounds great! I may have to try that as we have some maple syrup that needs to be used.

3. 2DogsFarm

2DogsFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm : 9
    Sounds great.
    I especially like the easy crust recipe - I hate fiddling with pastry.

I don't have a family syrup source, but I do get my maple syrup from a County park that taps their own trees and has a wood-fired sugar shack onsite.
    The syrup is just a little smoky and so good I can eat it with a spoon and nothing else!

4. artmamasays

Mar 5, 2012
    NYC
    If you want to go even easier with the crust, you can make the top what my kids call 'Dinosaur Scales' - press and pinch pieces flat and lay them close together all over the top so that it looks like scales.

5. animalsRawesome

animalsRawesome Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    I just ran out of fresh maple syrup, but now I'm going to have to go buy some more!! YUMMM!!! Can't wait to try it!!!

6. artmamasays

Mar 5, 2012
    NYC
    I loooooove the flavor of fresh fresh maple syrup and this pie lets it shine through! I should be getting my hands on some of this season's crop soon. Can't wait!

7. GardenerGal

GardenerGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I don't bake much now, but thanks to your recipe and the reminder of how wonderful maple syrup is, I might get back in the baking groove!

Maple syrup is my sweetener of choice and I use it instead of syrup or even honey whenever possible. I used to work at a place that had sugar maples and a sugaring shack, and I got to tap trees and make syrup for a season. That experience has stuck with me and has made me appreciate the maple sugaring tradition even more here in New England.

Thanks for the recipe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by