1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Maple is a MOMMY !!! ** PICS **

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickie Mamma, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Hello, I forgot when she was actually due, and what a surprise to find the 2 babies this morning! I put 2 of my crested duck eggs under her weeks ago. She is such a good mommy!! Maple is probably wondering "what happened" when she saw they were ducks [​IMG] But they are hers [​IMG] Just had to show off the outcome!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Ann!!!!! how cute is that!!!! Maple is so awesome!!!You got another crested one! How cool Did you get my Pm about my trip in Spring??

3. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:Maybe I should have read this before PM'ing you [​IMG] My girls are so excited. Yes, another little crested one. I have to figure out a way to keep them from falling out of the nest box though. We can definately set up a meet in May!! [​IMG]

4. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    AWWW! Thats exactly why I wish i had silkies! SO cute! thanks for sharing!!

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Maybe I should have read this before PM'ing you [​IMG] My girls are so excited. Yes, another little crested one. I have to figure out a way to keep them from falling out of the nest box though. We can definately set up a meet in May!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] this is going to be fun-I absolutely have to go because it is a work thing-I hope all your chitlings will be healthy and happy for mommy to go and have a good night wo them..LOL Ill bring the white silkie you bring Chuckies new mate--mates....haha

6. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/2uge4p4.gif this is going to be fun-I absolutely have to go because it is a work thing-I hope all your chitlings will be healthy and happy for mommy to go and have a good night wo them..LOL Ill bring the white silkie you bring Chuckies new mate--mates....haha

The hotel is going to "love" us [​IMG]

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Whoa! Big babies for a little momma!

They are all so cute. I gotta make a place so I can have ducks too.

8. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:They are big compared to baby silkies. Thats why I only put 2 eggs under her. The duck eggs are huge and I didn't think she could handle more than 2. She is only 9 months old and when I saw she was trying to go broody, I couldn't help but see if she could do it. She is my new "incubator"... I feel like throwing a party for her! [​IMG]

9. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:This is my first silkie broody! So excited she did it!! She never left the nest (from what we could see) I went out there all different times of the day, and there she was... We put food and water on the ledge by the nest box, so she didn't have to get up to eat. She would poop right outside the nestbox, so I would just shovel it out each day. She didn't lose any weight and looks super healthy. So proud of Maple [​IMG]

10. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    I don't see any resemblance. lol

Good job Maple!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by