Maple is a MOMMY !!! ** PICS **

Chickie Mamma

Farmer at Heart
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Sherman, CT
Hello, I forgot when she was actually due, and what a surprise to find the 2 babies this morning! I put 2 of my crested duck eggs under her weeks ago. She is such a good mommy!! Maple is probably wondering "what happened" when she saw they were ducks
th.gif
But they are hers
love.gif
Just had to show off the outcome!
9198_021.jpg

9198_016.jpg

9198_015.jpg

Ann!!!!! how cute is that!!!! Maple is so awesome!!!You got another crested one! How cool Did you get my Pm about my trip in Spring??

Quote:
Maybe I should have read this before PM'ing you
smile.png
My girls are so excited. Yes, another little crested one. I have to figure out a way to keep them from falling out of the nest box though. We can definately set up a meet in May!!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
smile.png
My girls are so excited. Yes, another little crested one. I have to figure out a way to keep them from falling out of the nest box though. We can definately set up a meet in May!!
thumbsup.gif

2uge4p4.gif
this is going to be fun-I absolutely have to go because it is a work thing-I hope all your chitlings will be healthy and happy for mommy to go and have a good night wo them..LOL Ill bring the white silkie you bring Chuckies new mate--mates....haha

Quote:
smile.png
thumbsup.gif

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/2uge4p4.gif this is going to be fun-I absolutely have to go because it is a work thing-I hope all your chitlings will be healthy and happy for mommy to go and have a good night wo them..LOL Ill bring the white silkie you bring Chuckies new mate--mates....haha

The hotel is going to "love" us
roll.png

Quote:
They are big compared to baby silkies. Thats why I only put 2 eggs under her. The duck eggs are huge and I didn't think she could handle more than 2. She is only 9 months old and when I saw she was trying to go broody, I couldn't help but see if she could do it. She is my new "incubator"... I feel like throwing a party for her!
ya.gif

Quote:
This is my first silkie broody! So excited she did it!! She never left the nest (from what we could see) I went out there all different times of the day, and there she was... We put food and water on the ledge by the nest box, so she didn't have to get up to eat. She would poop right outside the nestbox, so I would just shovel it out each day. She didn't lose any weight and looks super healthy. So proud of Maple
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom